Plan of Salvation
Our message is that of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ - the message around which the entire Bible and all history revolves.
I want to ask you a question: WHERE WILL YOU BE FIVE MINUTES AFTER YOU DIE? This is one of the most important questions you will ever have to face.
Jesus told the story of a two men saying, There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day; and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores. And it came to pass that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom; the rich man also died and was buried; and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments.1
So here is a story which tells of two men, one of whom died, was buried, and in hell found himself in torments. This is not fiction - it is from God’s Word, the Holy Scriptures. God will punish sinners - and there is not one upon the Earth who has not committed sin. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.2 But our Creator, the loving God, has no delight in the death of the wicked. Five minutes after you die, you do not have to be in hell! There is a way of forgiveness and a way of finding peace with God.
Are you interested in this way? Do you want to be saved? Then follow carefully this simple outline of God’s plan of salvation taken directly from the Holy Bible, God’s Word.
1. YOU NEED TO BE SAVED. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way…3 The wages of sin is death.4
2. YOU CANNOT SAVE YOURSELF. Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.5 For by grace are ye saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast.6
3. GOD HAS PROVIDED A WAY FOR YOUR SALVATION. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.7 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree.8 Christ died for our sins.9
4. YOU CAN BE SAVED RIGHT NOW. Now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation.10 Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.11
5. YOUR PART IS: Repent ye and believe the Gospel.12 The Gospel is that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day.13 As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.14 And If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.15
Dear friend, do you see the wonderful truths that God has unfolded through His Word? If so, will you receive Christ as your Lord and Saviour right now? Just believe in your heart that He died for you, turn to Him for mercy, repent of your sins, and believe that He meant what He said…that He will save you the moment you trust Him. Will you do this? Your eternal future rests on your decision. Again I ask: WHERE WILL YOU BE FIVE MINUTES AFTER YOU DIE? Only you may determine your fate. Will it be HEAVEN or HELL?
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; but hath in due times manifested His word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour.16
Bible References: 1Luke 16:19-23, 2Rom. 3:23, 3Isaiah 53:6, 4Rom. 6:23,
5Titus 3:5, 6Eph. 2:8-9, 7John 3:16, 8I Peter 2:24, 9I Cor. 15:3,
10II Cor. 6:2, 11Acts 16:31, 12Mark 1:15, 13I Cor. 15:3-4, 14John 1:12,
15Romans 10:9, 16Titus 1:2-3.